Learn how to credit Musiversal artists, and all about your rights.
We request that you credit Musiversal recordings/productions everywhere you publish your music.
We kindly recommend that you use the following structure:
- Vocals - Jacob Khalil (via Musiversal)
- Cello - Joe Zeitlin (via Musiversal)
- Drums - Nate Barnes (via Musiversal)
- Mastering - Luiz Tornaghi (via Musiversal)
- Strings - Prague Orchestra (via Musiversal)
- I.e. Instrument/ Service - Artist Name (via Musiversal)
Crediting is compulsory when songs or tracks that use Musiversal recordings are submitted for awards. If there is no option to enter credits upon submission, that's okay, as long as if/ when the song wins an award and is shared or distributed, it's important to make sure the awarding party responsible distributes/ shares the song(s) with the appropriate credits.
In the case of music department credits, such as in the film industry, Musiversal should be credited according to industry standards.
Special crediting procedures
- Lynsey Tibbs may not be named in any publicly released song title, i.e. "Song name feat. Lynsey Tibbs". However, Lynsey can be credited as a Musiversal session musician as "Lynsey" only. When crediting, please credit "Vocals - Lynsey (via Musiversal)".
- Ben Botfield may not be mentioned or credited in any released song or track. When crediting, please credit “Vocals via Musiversal”.
- Clare Dove may not be mentioned or credited in any released song or track. When crediting, please credit "Vocals via Musiversal".
- Marta Garrett may not be named in any publicly released song title, i.e. "Song name feat. Marta Garrett". However, Marta should be credited as a Musiversal session musician as usual. When crediting, please credit "Vocals - Marta Garrett (via Musiversal)".
- Ruth Royall may not be named in any publicly released song title, i.e. "Song Name feat. Ruth Royall", unless you have explicit permission from her record label. Ruth may be credited as a Musiversal session musician as usual. When crediting, please credit "Vocals - Ruth Royall (via Musiversal)".
- Tee Webb may not be named in any publicly released song title, i.e. "Song name feat. Tee Webb", unless you have the explicit permission from his record label. Tee may be credited as a Musiversal session musician as usual. When crediting, please credit "Vocals - Tee Webb (via Musiversal)".
Crediting on social media
When you share your music on social media, we kindly request that you tag our social media handles. We really want to see, like, comment, share and support your great work! Social handles:
- Facebook: wearemusiversal
- Instagram: wearemusiversal
- YouTube: Musiversal (tag during video uploading, on “Video tags”)
- Twitter: wearemusiversal
- LinkedIn: Musiversal
- TikTok: wearemusiversal
- Soundcloud: wearemusiversal
- Reddit: u/musiversal
You have permission to use the recordings delivered by Musiversal for commercial purposes without paying additional fees or royalties.
You keep ownership of all your rights. Both copyright and recording rights are yours perpetually and worldwide. All Musiversal recordings are 100% buyouts.
Musiversal and Musiversal’s musicians waive all rights in favor of the user for any audio files resulting from any Musiversal recording sessions. Musiversal declares that it is fully entitled to waive the rights as it was allowed by the musicians in a written and signed contract to do so without any limitations, universally and perpetually.
If you need a signed work for hire agreement, please contact us on email@example.com. In this email, state the name of the song/track in question, and the names of the Musiversal musicians with whom you recorded said song/track.
The recordings delivered by Musiversal are cleared for syncing with images except for the orchestral recording sessions which are held in the UK territory, which are cleared for audio commercial release only. If you wish to use the music you recorded in a London-based orchestral recording for image-syncing, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.